Home > About > Alec Chapa
Combining elements of philosophy and world religions, Alec works tirelessly to help individuals and businesses turn conflicts into opportunities for growth and professional development. By centering personal autonomy, creativity, and inward reflection, his process empowers those he works with to address their needs and create sustainable, resilient relationships and communities.
Alec believes relationships are life’s most sacred investments; assisting their growth and transformation is Alec’s life work.
As a conflict resolution professional and coach, Alec works with individuals and organizations across multiple industries, helping them to navigate the emotional, spiritual, and strategic dimensions of conflict. Through research, interviews, and coaching, he has facilitated successful collaboration and resolution for CEOs, veterans, medical researchers, nonprofits and academic organizations. Alec has worked extensively with organizational groups, providing in-depth conflict analysis, developing structural frameworks, and establishing collaboration and community buy-in for key projects and solutions. A graduate of Portland State University’s Conflict Resolution department and a McNair scholar, Alec’s conflict resolution research has appeared in several publications including Johns Hopkins’ Macksey Journal.
- Small Businesses
- Academic Organizations
- Veterans Affairs
- Value & Identity-Based Conflicts
- Emerging Leaders
- Bachelor’s of Science (BSc.), Conflict Resolution, Portland State University
- Candidate for Credentialed Mediator, Texas Mediators Credentialing Association (TMCA)
- Authored Conflict Communication research, published at Johns Hopkins University
- Certified in Trauma-Informed Care, Texas Dept. of Family & Protective Services
- Texas Mediators Credentialing Association (TMCA)
- Ronald E. McNair Scholars
- Mosaic Conflict & Business Consulting