Home > About > Hilary Bendon
Hilary has been coaching, facilitating and mediating conflict for over 25 years. As of 2018, Hilary pivoted her Organizational and Leadership Development practice from primarily coaching and training to include a greater emphasis on peacebuilding for leaders and employees. Hilary understands the systemic issues that cause conflict and how organizations can resolve current–and mitigate future–conflict. Hilary has extensive experience with for-profit and not-for-profit businesses, as well as governmental and international organizations as a conflict resolution mediator, facilitator and coach.
Hilary has a passion for empowering people to transform conflict into opportunity and to recognize the importance of making choices consciously rather than reacting without thinking.
Hilary has experience in industries as diverse as financial services, biotech, retail, manufacturing, education, nonprofit and government, among others. Hilary has worked with people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds, roles and language proficiencies and works primarily throughout the US and Latin America. Hilary interned with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Ombuds Office of the Pasadena Unified School district.
- Small and medium size businesses
- C-Suite and leadership teams
- Unions disputes
- Intercultural/international dialogue
- Proficient in Spanish
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.), Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
- Master of Dispute Resolution (M.D.R.), Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University’s Caruso School of Law
- Special Education Teaching Credentials, Chapman University
- Certificate of Training in Facilitation, Center for Dispute Resolution
- Certificate of Training in Mediation and Conflict Resolution, Center for Dispute Resolution
- The Leadership Development Program Certificate (Women Leaders, Creating Ourselves at the Crossroads)
- Conflict Resolution Consulting Certificate, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University
- Board of Directors, Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR), Los Angeles, CA
- Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR)
- International Ombudsman Association (IOA)
- Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA)
- Mediators Beyond Borders International (MBBI)
If you need help from a conflict resolution expert in Pasadena or Glendale, CA, contact Pollack Peacebuilding today.