Home > About > Ilan David Bass
Originally from London, Ilan has worked with organizations in the US, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. He enjoys working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and focuses on understanding his clients’ perspectives and needs before establishing an open environment in which they are able to communicate effectively with those they are in conflict with. This often creates the space for mutual recognition and, in most cases, the resolution of the underlying issues that were causing the conflict. As well as working as an independent mediator, Ilan is an accomplished and engaging conflict resolution skills trainer and is also proficient in Mandarin.
Ilan is driven by his mission to employ the fundamental principles of conflict resolution–deep listening, mutual understanding and effective communication–to help people collaboratively develop solutions and overcome their conflicts, with the ultimate aim of building peaceful relationships, communities and societies at large.
Ilan has worked as a mediation workshop trainer in Israel since 2015 and has been mediating cases since 2018 in both the UK and China. Prior to starting his career as a conflict resolution practitioner, Ilan worked in financial services in London, for the UK government in China and also at the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, a new multilateral financial institution based in Beijing. He was recently based in Shanghai helping international companies manage their operations in the Chinese market and is now working remotely in Italy.
- Community mediation
- Mediation training workshops
- Chinese culture and language (Mandarin)
- Cross-cultural communication
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Conflict Resolution and Mediation, Tel Aviv University
- Diploma (with Distinction) in International Mediation, Tel Aviv University
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield
- Senior Research Fellow, Salisbury University, Bosserman Center for Conflict Resolution
- Senior Trainer, Tel Aviv University, International MA Program in Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- Board Member, University of Strathclyde, School of Law Mediation Clinic
- Mediator, Brighton & Hove Independent Mediation Service
- Mentor, University of Sheffield Careers Service
If you need help from a conflict resolution expert in London or surrounding areas, contact Pollack Peacebuilding today.