Home > About > Suzanne Ghais
As an expert in both conflict resolution and group facilitation, Suzanne works within and between groups so they can improve collaboration, communicate effectively, reach optimal decisions (even on complex issues), and maintain or rebuild trust. She emphasizes careful assessment to tailor the process to the needs of the situation.
Suzanne is passionate about building a more peaceful, productive world.
Suzanne has been a conflict resolution specialist for 30 years, mediating conflict since 1991 and facilitating groups since 1997. She has also conducted dozens of training programs in mediation, negotiation, arbitration, facilitation, and most recently, restorative practices. Suzanne consults on peace processes to end armed conflicts, and continues to love working with organizations.
- Government agencies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Professional service firms
- Large group facilitation
- Higher education
- Complex interorganizational disputes
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), International Relations (specialization in peace processes), American University
- Master of Arts (M.A.), Conflict Analysis & Resolution, George Mason University
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) magna cum laude, Brown University
- Author of Extreme Facilitation: Guiding Groups Through Controversy and Complexity
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Alliance for Peacebuilding
- International Business Circle