2-Day Training Workshops & Certificates for Customer Services Representatives
Pollack Peacebuilding Systems provides workplace conflict resolution training for employees, managers, and executives at organizations that regularly deal with the general public. The training workshop is a dynamic, interactive event, specifically geared toward companies or agencies whose representatives deal with live, face-to-face customers, especially in industries where situations can lead to intensified or emotionally driven conflicts.
Workplace Conflict Resolution Training involves:
- A brief overview of conflict psychology and theory
- How to identify early warning signs of intensifying conflicts
- Improved communication for customer service and agency reps
- Better listening skills
- Do's and Do Not's of communication, including the "12 Roadblocks"
- Constructing 3-part assertion messages
- Enhanced ability to understand and attend to customer needs and feelings
- How to temper feelings when emotions run high to more effectively communicate
- Practicing empathic response rather than defensive reaction
- Mediating disputes between team members, and between employees and customers
- Understanding the potential long-term costs of taking momentary attacks personal
- Certificates of Completion for participants
When Standard Customer Service Training Just Won't Cut It
Customers find themselves in disputes with agencies and companies about seemingly practical issues, but are often deeply emotionally triggered; core needs, feelings, and interests can be at play and foster more intense conflicts and unmovable positions. On the other side, many customer service or agency representatives have not been given the proper tools to handle these problems. Further, they are often working from scripts, which is typically obvious to the consumer. And while many customer service reps are highly trained and scripts are well written to address the customer's needs, some disputes simply cannot be handled via pre-scripted responses or standard customer service training. Plus, as customers' emotions rise, sometimes customer service representatives get emotionally triggered as well; they are also people with their own needs and feelings, and when triggered, agents may not be able to intelligently respond to a customer in a way that adequately represents the company's policies and values.
These conflicts are almost never personal, but customers take them personally, and customer service agents may also feel personally attacked. This is the setting for escalated disputes and subsequent potential for legal and public relations problems that go well beyond the initial problem, which should have and could have been resolved in a much calmer and more benign manner.
Workplace Conflict Resolution Training Can Prevent the Need for Legal or Forceful Action.
The cost of better conflict resolution training for companies is incredibly lower than the potential lawsuits, stock drops, and public relation fiascoes that result from poorly handled disputes. At PPS, we are passionate about improving the customer experience as well as increasing companies' and agencies' public perception and perceived value. We keep company values, policies, and interests in mind while training employees to effectively communicate with customers in order to create fast, suitable Win-Win solutions for both parties.
Benefits to Better Workplace Conflict Resolution Training Include:
- Improved customer experience
- Enhanced public perception
- Lower long-term costs (i.e. legal, stocks, public relations, executive time and energy)
- Less turnover (i.e. the need for firing or replacing employees involved)
- Executives, managers, and employees optimize their workplace relationships
- Improve interpersonal communication and thus productivity throughout the company
- Ward off spiraling conflicts that could lead to legal and financial damages
- Turn workplace conflicts into opportunities
- Help staff spend less time managing problems in order to spend more time helping customers
- Create a happier, more productive work environment
- Resolve problems before they begin, grow, and/or fester
To discuss conflict resolution training for your company or agency, contact PPS today. We'd love to improve your relationships with customers and/or the general public.