Home > About > Shawn Dunning
Shawn approaches peace the same way he approaches conflict, as a natural consequence of conscious or subconscious behaviors. By holding the space for interventions, training groups towards more collaborative norms, or coaching executive leaders to find breakthrough solutions, Shawn inspires optimism in his clients that we are capable of more than we realize. His approach is highly experiential and grounded in unveiling the wisdom of his clients to derive solutions that work for them.
Shawn thrives on taking on seemingly impossible challenges and doing his part to work toward a world that works for everyone. He is passionate about collaborative problem-solving and collaborative leadership skills, and his greatest inspiration comes from the clients he serves.
Over the last 20 years, Shawn has held senior positions within organizations such as, Global Director for the world’s largest conflict resolution organization, Search for Common Ground and COO for corporate training company, Adventure Associates. He has also worked as a freelance leadership coach, facilitator, and mediator. Through his consulting, he has worked with virtually every industry, ranging from government agencies and political leaders to manufacturing, high tech, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Leadership Teams
- Emerging Leaders
- Project Teams
- Experiential Learning
- Collaborative Problem-Solving (training & facilitating)
- Adventure-Based Conflict Resolution
- Master of Science (M.S.), Conflict Analysis & Resolution, George Mason University
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Speech Communication, California Polytechnic State University
- Former Director and Senior Advisor, Search for Common Ground
- Leadership Council Member, Convergence Center for Policy Resolution